SKINCARE ROUTINE SUMMER 2017

by - August 29, 2017


Hi lovelies! Are we all okay?

I come before you today with my updated skincare routine, perfected in Summer 2017! I have done a lot of trial and error with this routine and I think there are only two products from my skincare routine blog post from Christmas 2016 that survived the spring and summer! I can truthfully say that my skin has never been in a healthier way and part of that is down to consistency with skincare (which basically means doing it every morning and night!). So without any further delay, here is my updated Summer 2017 Skincare Routine!

So my morning and night time routines are basically the same except I don't need to use a product to take my makeup off in the morning and depending on the weather, I might use a lighter moisturiser in the morning. My skin type is dry to very dry so a lot of hydration is vital!

To remove any makeup I have on my face, I use the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water (usually £7.99, currently on offer for £5 - Boots). I buy the large, 700ml bottle because this is a product that I swear by, so it works out cheaper in the long run, but if you're unsure, Garnier manufacture this product in a travel size for 125ml, which usually retails for £1.99, and a regular size for 400ml, which retails for around £4.99. The Micellar Water contains something called micelles that act as magnets to remove makeup and dirt from the skin. It is suitable for all areas of the face, including the eyes and doesn't contain any perfumed ingredients, making it ideal for sensitive skin. I use this with an oval cotton pad and it removes the most stubborn of makeup.


After all my makeup has been removed, I will exfoliate my face using the St. Ives Nourish & Smooth Oatmeal Scrub (£3.77 - Boots). I absolutely love this stuff, and I can't believe that such an inexpensive product is so amazing. To use this, I splash my face with water so it's damp, squeeze just over a pea-sized amount on my fingertips and massage all over my face. Depending on time, I either rinse it off straight away using water or I leave it on for about 5 minutes as a mask. The condition of my skin will determine whether I exfoliate either every other day or every three days.


Next, I cleanse using the Philosophy Purity 3-in-1 Cleanser (£18 - Boots). This is a fairly new product that I've only introduced into my routine within the last month, but I absolutely love it. It smells like a trip to the dentist (very sterile, clean smell), which I'm not sure is a good or bad thing! It's so gentle on the skin and leaves it feeling very clean and polished. I massage the cleanser into dry skin (a little trick that is a lifesaver!) and then rinse away, patting my face dry with a towel.


I just can't stress enough how important it is to tone your face once you've cleansed it. In order to make sure that all the nastiness is out of your skin during cleansing, the natural pH balance of your skin is disturbed and a toner helps to correct this. Not to mention, it manages to remove the little bits of makeup that manages to slip through the net during cleansing. Another reason that you will want to use a toner is because it helps to minimise the appearance of pores - who doesn't want minuscule pores?! To tone, my 'ride or die' product is the Clinique Clarifying Lotion (£27.50 - Boots) out of the 3-Step Skincare range by Clinique.


The next product I use is the Full of Grace Serum Bar from Lush (£8.25 - Lush). I think this might be up there with one of my favourite skincare products of all time. I have nightmares of this baby being discontinued! It's a beautiful product that really thrives both working with other skincare products or acting alone. It is so moisturising and full of goodness. I warm this up in my hands and then glide it over my skin - once the bar gets a little warmer (skin temperature) it will melt to a serum so that it can be massaged into the skin. The lovely lady at Lush told me to only use this at night time because it's too heavy for daytime use - I took heed of her words and did only use it at night for the first few days but it soon because apparent that it wasn't overly heavy on my dry skin so I started incorporating it in my morning routine too for that extra bit of moisture.


The next step, if needed, is to add a little but more moisture into my skin and just freshen it up. I do this by using the Hydrating Mist from Superdrug's own Vitamin E range (£2.99 - Superdrug). Just a couple of spritzes really does make a huge difference. I especially love using this in the morning because I feel like it wakes me up, and it has a gorgeous smell too!


Lastly, I moisturise! As I said further up in this blog post, the weather is usually the deciding factor as to whether I use one moisturiser or the other during the day. At night, I always use the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion+ (£30 - Boots), which again, is out of Clinique's 3-Step Skincare range. This is a heavy duty moisturiser that really does a good job at adding hydration into your skin. So if I feel that my skin doesn't need all that extra goings on in the morning, I will use the Nivea Soft Moisture Cream (£4.79 - Boots) instead.



And that is the full extent of my skincare! As I'm sure you've realised, some of the products are more towards the pricey side, but they do last such a long time, so there's only the need to repurchase them once every six months, if that. And I'm a firm believer in that your skin is something that you should spend money on and invest in - it's the base that you apply all of your makeup on to. The healthier looking the skin, the more flawless the foundation!

I hope you've enjoyed seeing the different products that I love to use in my morning and nightly skincare routines!

Thanks for reading,

You May Also Like

0 comments